Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Best Idea I've Ever Had.

So, I was thinking about what to do with my classes, and I decided I would teach them about syllables. Then, as I was thinking about that, I had the GENIUS idea to teach them how to write a Haiku (a 3-line, 13-syllable poem, with lines alternating between 5, 7, and 5 syllables each). As it turns out, I did this only for my amusement. I was not disappointed. My students can barely string a sentence together, so I knew that trying to get them to write poetry would just be magic. Ohhhhhh, it was. Anyway, I don't have much else to say about it, they will really speak for themselves. If there are words in [these], that's just my way of correcting things that were spelled very, very wrong.
Okay, here we go:

This is genuine
Import from America
Are you nauseated?

Thai land and people
I like Girl Frieng [Friend] beautiful
I dinner boy fring [friend]

(This next one goes out to Sarah Fasen...)

I would have a show
For when I'm a billionaire
Sarah so stupid

I tired of waiting
Angelina love Brad Pitt
I'll be playing ball

I have one mobile [as in phone]
My mobile is beautiful
and I like mobile

I have dog and cat
my dog is so very fat
my cat is so cute

How I'm I!
My name is Jelly
I like to took [talk] tellphone [telephone]
I'm smile so cute

Britny [Brittany] is teacher
teache is very beauty
chilred [children] lovey she

(and now, for the grand finale....)

Market has seller
seller selling children
children expensive



Okay, that's all. Seriously the best idea I have ever had. Ever.

2 comments: